NOTICE: The FAA is now providing FREE ONLINE TRAINING AND TESTING for the Recurrent Exams at the FAA Safety Zone web site, removing the cost and the requirement for in-person testing after the initial (UAG) exam.
This course is intended to provide supplemental training for that test.
The initial UAG 107 exam will still require in-person testing, but with the addition of several new testing sources besides PRI, including Embry-Riddle and others.
New questions: The content of the FAA exams will be changing this year. If you’re taking the initial Remote Pilot knowledge test (meaning it’ll be your first time taking the Part 107 test to earn a Remote Pilot certificate), expect to now see a question (or a few) involving flying drones at night.
Specifically, the test will address aspects of nighttime flying, including:
- Collision avoidance with other aircraft
- Limited depth perception and difficulty of perceiving reference points during night operations
- Night physiology
- Lighting requirements
- Night illusions from the perspective of the remote pilot
Beyond that there will be a small number of new questions relating to Operations Over People and Remote ID.
The seven areas of study for the UGR exam are:
(1) Applicable regulations relating to small unmanned aircraft system rating privileges, limitations, and flight operation;
(2) Airspace classification and operating requirements and flight restrictions affecting small unmanned aircraft operation;
(3) Emergency procedures;
(4) Crew resource management;
(5) Aeronautical decision-making and judgment;
(6) Airport operations;
(7) Maintenance and pre-flight inspection procedures.
While this course is designed to prepare Certified Remote Pilots for the FAA Recurrent Certification (UGR) exam, this course is not represented as official FAA Training. The material presented comes from FAA publications. Since you have already earned your certification this course should serve as a review. If you need to dig deeper into a particular area you may be weak on, we would refer you to the Pilot’s Handbook, our original video training course or my Study Guide book (shown below).
If you have the report from when you took your initial certification test, look for the PLT numbers listed. Those codes tell you what you need to study most. You can reference the PLT codes here:
This training course is based on information from the FAA’s Airman Certification Standards, uas_acs-10A (revised 6/18), the Remote Pilot Study Guide and the indicated publicly available resources.
RULE CHANGES: – MORE HERE
UGR REcurrent Certfication
- Introduction to RPC – Recurrent Aeronautical Test Preparation
- Applicable regulations relating to small unmanned aircraft system rating privileges, limitations, and flight operation
- UAV Quiz 1
- Airspace classification and operating requirements and flight restrictions affecting small unmanned aircraft operation
- UGR Quiz 2
- Emergency procedures
- UGR Quiz 3
- Crew resource management
- UGR Quiz 4
- Aeronautical decision-making and judgment – Part 1
- Aeronautical decision-making and judgment – Part 2
- UGR Quiz 5
- Airport Operations
- UGR Quiz 6
- UGR Quiz 7
- FAA Sample UGR Test
This course spells out the necessary safety procedures.